Sunday, December 14, 2008

STILL NOT SEEING IT......

SNOW, THAT IS!!!


Today was our first Sunday on a 9:00 schedule!!! WOOOO HOOOOO! Anyway, as I was getting ready to teach my sunbeam class, we were told we are going home early (50 minutes early) due to the weather! As of now, it has snowed a TRACE (to be generous!).....I want to make it clear, I am not complaining, as this means that Matthew is home with us for the rest of the afternoon....we will get a cozy day around the tree, playing games as a family, etc. I am laughing a little....ok, a lot.....but, whatever!!! I am ready to see some real snow next week!!!


6 comments:

Alisa said...

excuse me?!!! You guys got out of church for that green grass?!! What wimps!! Sorry, but I'm in Utah and we traveled in church today in lots of snow (the white stuff, not the green stuff). Too funny!

kristenhcubed said...

Well, I for one am soooo glad that we didn't die in the blizzard on the way home from church. I had to turn on my windshield wipers TWICE during the 7 minute drive! I'm just really glad that they'll probably cancel school tomorrow because I wouldn't want my kids walking out there and taking huge chances like that. What? No, I'm not being sarcastic. Really? It sounded that way?

amy stansel said...

oh my gosh!! That is too funny. I don't get it. Did they really cancel due to snow or was there a different problem? Weren't you guys randomly sent home for some "fire" too? Seems they are feeling cheated on never being able to call church off so they make things up!!! Funny

Becky said...

Um...they don't cancel church for ANYTHING up here in the North Pole...it's their policy.

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

Yes, Amy....they REALLY CANCELED for SNOW....no fire alarms this time!....that is only for the patriots superbowl game when Matthew has too much time in the hallways, realizing he wants to get out to watch the game live!!!

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

Becky - I told them your Dad just said he would be at the church every Sunday for 6 am meeting, so who ever showed up they would have church.

I just rolled my eyes and tried not to make too many comments when they canceled, because the Lord still likes to keep me humble and I would be the one in the ditch from the ice.

Matthew