Saturday, December 13, 2008

Pet Free

Well, we are now pet free!!! (well, not including 2 goldfish).....As you may remember, back in March, Matthew "compromised" his lack of wanting a pet, and let us get a cute rabbit.....after having him for a few months, I started realizing I just wasn't the pet person I thought I was.....the fur, the boxes around the house to block him from areas, the fact that he could care less about being held....we were just his means to get out of the cage to run around, but there was no true pet affection from him to us....sort of like I would imagine a dog would be....Cookie Dough just wasn't that type of a pet....and, well, when it came down to it, I realized he just wasn't for us! Jessica wasn't loving the cleaning and taking care of him, etc. So, I posted him to craigs list a few times, and never got any results from that. Jessica has a friend at school whos guinea pig just died, and she mentioned to Jessica that she thought she was going to get a rabbit to replace him....to which Jessica offered her Cookie Dough!! So, today, Jessica's friend came by, and brought him home! We are happy he will be in a home where he will be loved and well taken care of, and we are glad we don't need to figure out what to do with him over Christmas break!!

I was feeling a little concerned for Jared, because of all of us, he seemed to be the most connected.....Jared would come down every morning and have a "bunny chat"---so, Matthew went shopping, and took Kayleigh and Jared with him so they wouldn't be too sad....it ended up that they got home before Cookie Dough was gone....but, funny thing is, when it came down to it, Jared was not sad at all, until we threw the card board boxes away....he said he still wanted to use them for space ships!!!!

No comments: