Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!

I love this time of year....and here are a few reasons why.....
1) Decorating the Christmas tree! --- the kids putting up their new ornaments.
2) The finished tree! It is so cozy....and, I love the town around it!


3) I even love the "ornament clusters!" that my kids put up! You know, where all the ornaments they put up are right next to each other!!!----just a little side note....when I was growing up, every time we would decorate the tree, my mom would stay up late, moving the "ugly" ornaments to the back....confession, I think I sort of purposefully put the ugly ornaments up front, knowing she would move them....sorry, Mom!!!....anyway, I told myself I would NEVER move the ornaments.....sometimes, though....these clusters tempt me! But, I am enjoying the clusters one more year....it makes me smile.....and, that is what matters at this time of year!

(above) one of Jared's clusters for the year....his clusters come with a story....he said the golden balls were stairs for garfield santa to climb!







4) Count down to Christmas!....this year, Kayleigh and I made the chain!....she even helped me cut and staple....it was a fun project for us to do together!



5)Watching the anticipation, excitement and happiness of ALL my kids as they count how many days until Christmas!



I hope all of you are enjoying this Christmas season as much as we are!

3 comments:

karen said...

Wow, Kayleigh looks so much older with the longer hair. Or I just havent seen her so cute. Great job. I think I might have to make the chain but then the little boys would take them all off at once. Maybe I should hang it over the edge of upstairs so you can see it first thing coming in the house. I will have to think about that.

Camie said...

Keri--you are ahead of us this year!! We will be getting our tree this weekend, but we've been putting up our other Christmas decorations this week. We LOVE this time of year too--so fun and magical for the kids!

Becky said...

the chain is a fun idea. i love garfield climbing the stairs. how thoughtful of him. :)