Well, as you know, from my earlier posts this week, I have been wishing for a real snowfall.....I love snow, and if my kids are going to be home from school for a snow day, I want real snow! Well, we are getting it today!!! Don't get me wrong, I am VERY HAPPY to have a good snow storm....it is pretty....but, we were supposed to be driving out to Utah today for the 2 weeks of Christmas break....so, we are a little bummed at the timing of the snow.....the snow right here where we are at is not enough to keep us from driving, but the Gorge that we would have to drive through is in blizzard conditions, from what the news is saying....and will be until Tuesday, probably. So, we will be here in our cozy home with our family for Christmas....we will definitely watch the weather reports, and should there be clearing after Christmas, we will drive out there for the 2nd week.....With my cry story over, I will say that we have had a lot of fun playing in the snow....building snowmen, riding bikes (the kids), we walked to the school, and the kids had fun going down the snowy slides, and swinging on the swings....so, we are having fun! (except for Jessica....she threw up this afternoon....so, I guess it is a good thing we are not in the car together for 13 hours with a sick child!!)
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Bummer...Sorry you will be late for your vacation. That makes me sad. I love snow though, we are getting another (on top of an already 15 inches) 18 inches as I type. I LOVE it. :) Merry Christmas my friend.
Post a Comment