Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Veterans Day
Today is Veterans Day. The kids have the day off. Yesterday, at the school they had a wonderful tribute to the Veterans of the community. All of the students have been learning several patriotic songs.....they invited any of the veterans in the community who wanted to attend, to come....and basically it was a patriotic sing along.....they also gave a rose to each veteran, plus some of the 4th graders had speaking parts. Anyway, it was a nice event. I am glad I went....and it made me realize how much I appreciate the freedoms that we have here in The United States of America....freedom of religion, speech, free to make our own choices....not always worried about what the government is going to say/do to us. It was quite an amazing thing to see a room full of k-4th graders singing all of theses songs....really choked me up! I appreaciate all the men and women who have served, and continue to serve our country to allow us to keep the freedoms we enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment