Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Listening to the Spirit

Jared has been really cute the past few weeks, asking questions like, "How will I know if I am hearing the spirit" or "what does the spirit sound like?" We have tried to tell him that usually it is more of a feeling, and tried to remind him of times he may have felt the spirit. You can tell he is getting close to that baptism age, I guess.

Anyway, the other night we were eating dinner....not Jared's favorite time of the day, as he doesn't like much food.....we were having potatos for part of our dinner....not a favorite of Jared's----anyway, I am use to hearing him complain about potatos, so I was ready for the complaints....and ready for the same answer "You can try it if you want....just leave it on your plate and don't complain about it" type of conversation. But, instead, it went like this:

"Mom, I think the spirit is telling me not to eat my potatos!!!"

Oh my, Matthew, Jessica and I just started laughing! We explained to him that it wasn't the spirit....b/c potatos are good for you, and the spirit tells you things to do that are good for you....something like that....he thought about it, then said:

"So, maybe it is just my mind telling me not to eat my potatos?"

Just thought I would share that with you....we thought it was funny!

4 comments:

Becky said...

So CUTE Kerilyn. I love the things that come out of little one's mouths. You're a great mom - way to teach him 'in the moment'. PS: What serious car accident was matt in when he was in HS?

Becky said...

(not your matt - your brother)

Todd and Lisa said...

That is funny. I love your new page setting! Cute!

kristenhcubed said...

Very funny! And look at your new background, you little maniac!

I think the spirit is telling me to go have some chocolate milk and toast!