Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me

OK, so I guess I will post about my birthday....now that it is over....I am not one to announce the day, until after it has passed! My birthday was yesterday, but the celebrating began Saturday. My sister, Liz (and her husband, Travis, and 2 boys)....along with my sister Alisa and her husband Ryan came over for a BBQ.....Travis' b-day is also in August, so we called it the August b-day celebration. Can I just say, I am so happy to have family around us....finally....that we can do stuff like this with. It was a fun day to hang out, play the bean game, visit, eat, and Alisa did my nails for me. Then, yesterday was my birthday. Matthew had to do some work up in Seattle yesterday.....so, we decided to go up to my sister's (Alisa's) on Tuesday night....we spent the night there with her, then Matthew got up and left in the morning, and the kids and I hung out with Alisa.....we went to see the free movie up there.....Mr. Magorium......then went back to her house, had lunch and went to a nearby playground. (the original plan was to swim at her apartment pool, but it was only 60 degrees....so we had to change our plans)......the kids didn't do well with the change of plans.....they were pretty grouchy at each other most of the day.....sorry Alisa.....but, it was great to be with my sister on my birthday! Matthew got back around 3:30, then we headed back home.....stopping along the way at Denny's for dinner. When I got home I had several messages to listen to from family and friends....that topped off the day for me!!! Now I am another year older......trying to work on the wiser part!!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Birthday to YOU! I'm glad you had such a great time with SISTER'S nearby. :)

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Kerilyn!