Saturday, August 1, 2009

Cub Scout Day Camp and Heat Wave.....

That about sums up our week!!
Jared had his first Cub Scout Day Camp....and it happened to be the same week as a HEAT WAVE......Wednesday was the hottest day....reaching 109....but every day was right around the 100 plus mark......it was hot!!! Jared seemed to enjoy camp, though....he had fun going with his friends....he loved the "make it take it" stuff.....including making a "secret box" a dream catcher, and a wooden puzzle thing. He also has discovered that he enjoys archery. He has also realized that he takes after his dad.....HE WANTS NOTHING TO DO WITH BB GUNS. I am really ok with that.....he tried shooting it once, but really just had no desire to ever pick up a gun ever again....his sweet little spirit just can't handle the thought of holding onto a gun, I guess. So, given that, and given that Wednesday after lunch, their troop was scheduled to be shooting for the rest of the time, I picked him up at lunch time, and we headed down to Oregon to swim with Aunt Liz, Calvin and Miles.....other than that, he was at camp in this weather from 9-2 every day.....it was supposed to be 9-3, but they cut it short. I went up to help on Monday and Thursday, and Matthew went up to help on Friday. We were drinking A LOT of water!!!! Jared ready to go to camp!


Jared mining for "gold" (gold painted pebbles)



This was their leader, who also happens to be a kid in our ward.....Reisin. he was great with the boys.....he really made it fun for them.

our troop of boys....

Sister Denfeld earned her spot in the group shot....she was there EVERY DAY.....she wasn't scheduled to be, but as of Monday, with the heat, she realized that there needed to be at least one consistent adult to watch over these boys, and know when the were acting differently, and needed extra water, or a trip to the nurse, etc. So, she ended up going through all these hot days with the boys.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I heard it was hot up there. Do you have air conditioning? It can get that hot here and when it does I don't go outside if I can help it.