Last night, the elementary school had a Nutrition night....the kids had fun "nutrition" activities, while the adults went and learned info about the importance of a nutritous diet.....a lot of it was stuff I was already aware of....but I also enjoyed hearing some new information. One thing that was shared with us were a couple of websites, that I thought I would pass along to my blogging friends! nutritiondata.com is the first one.....this is way cool.....you can plug in the ingredients of any given recipe, tell it how many you serves, and it will give you the "nutrition label" per serving for that recipe!!! The next one is 5dollardinners.com.....this is no hidden secret....it is what it is.....meals for $5.oo! Happy eating and feeding!!!
Lastly, I am sooooo excited....they had door prizes.....I knew they were having this, as I was helping the teacher prepare for last night....anyway, they had awesome door prizes, but the one that I was hoping to get was Jessica Seinfelds Deceptively Delicious book.....I have been wanting this for a long time, as I struggle with getting Jared to eat fruits and veges.....I feel like he would benefit from me "sneaking" them into his food! Well, I was excited when my name was still drawn and that was still one of the prizes available!!!! Hopefully the recipes will be yummy, and I can get some healthy stuff into my sons diet!!!


1 comment:
Ive gotten that book at the library. good luck. Hope everyone is well now.
Happy Valentines
Post a Comment