Jessica and Jared stayed home sick today....Jessica had a terrible head ache all day and night yesterday....woke up with it still today, so decided it was best for her to stay home and sleep it off. By about 1:00 it had finally gone away. I hate headaches, and I felt so bad for her.
Jared....well, he was sick???!!! He is always sick the night before and morning of gym day at school.....either his stomach hurts, or his throat hurts, etc. He hates running in gym class....so much that he will try to tell me he is sick so he can stay home....don't worry, I don't give in....I tell him the rules of school are if they are not throwing up or if they don't have a fever, they need to be at school.....he tries and tries....but I never give in....well, last night he was trying....but this time, I could tell that a cold was coming on....he had the sniffles, watery eyes, etc.....and, today was gym, so I was expecting him to play it up.....well, I had a soft heart.....I probably really could have sent him to school and he would have been fine....but, really, Jessica wasn't going, and perhaps I have gotten lazy this year, with Jessica being able to walk with him to and from school, I was sort of happy to keep him home today....so, I told him he could stay home, but he would have to stay in his room most of the day so I wouldn't get sick, too....and, absolutely no Wii time if he missed school! Well, all day long he asked me if it would be the time that school would be out.....all day long, I kept telling him no....until 3:10 arrived, and finally I was able to say "yes"--to which he said, "I feel better now. Can I play the Wii!!!!!" Can't blame him for trying, I suppose....but no Wii at all the whole day you decide you are too sick to go to school!!! I had a good laugh about that!!!!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
glad you stuck your groung - it is hard sometimes. he's a funny boy though....;)
Isnt it amazing when you tell them what they cant do if they miss school and some how they are perfectly fine in 5 minutes and ready for school. All for the after school activities. Nice try Jared!!!!
Oh, those kids think they are so smart. We have the same rule about the Wii at our house. It's a great motivator.
Post a Comment