Here are pictures from Kayleigh's birthday party (over a week ago....I'm a little slow!). For anyone who does not know who the Wonder Pets are, it is a show on Nick Jr. about 3 preschool pets that after the kids leave for home help save a baby animal who is in trouble. This is one of Kayleigh's favorite shows, so we decided to have a wonder pets birthday party.
When the kids first arrived, we had them color on capes (that they got to wear the rest of the party and bring home), and they decorated their party bags.
Then we let everyone watch one of the Wonder Pets episode.....Kayleigh REALLY wanted to watch one of the shows with all of her friends.....after that, we played a "save the animal" wonder pets game. I had different pictures of animal's homes hung around the house. We divided up into 3 different groups.....each group had 5 animal pictures that they had to find the home, and tape it on the home they live in. (horse in the barn, bird in the nest, etc.) Jessica, Matthew and I each were in charge of a group. In between each time, Matthew would ring his cell phone, and we would all sing the song the wonder pets sing "the phone, the phone is ringing......" then, that would clue us in to go save the next animal. At each place, they got a little plastic animal to put in their gift bag.......despite it looking a little chaotic (there were 7 kids who came to the party plus Jare and Kayleigh), it was a fun activity.
(this is Kayleigh and her "5 year old crush", Drew. He is in Kayleigh's preschool class, and all I hear about is Drew......when I asked her what her favorite part of her party was, she said playing the wonder pets game, and having Drew over!!! By her own admitting, Drew is her "boyfriend!"
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
ahhh! Looks like a fun party. I still can't bet over how much she looks like you!!! wow!!!
You are so creative! What a neat party.
Two great party ideas! I love your how to host a murder costumes--those are so fun!! And I think the wonder pets idea is really cute! Thanks for posting these pics! So Kayleigh is 5??? I can't believe it!
Post a Comment