Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Coloring Easter Egg

I LOVE good old holiday traditions! I love sitting down with my kids and my husband that day before Easter, year after year, to color Easter Eggs! I love knowing that probably at some point durring the weekend, my siblings and their families were probably sitting down at some point with their families doing this too....thinking of my brother, Matt....probably showing off some creativity.....or perhaps Mike's twin boys spilling the color all over the floor after redunking one egg in the same color.....it is just fun for me to think of the fun that each of my family is having through out the country....it is those thoughts that tie us together, even though we are so far apart!.....with that being said.....here are some pics.
Kayleigh was trying hard to copy Jessica's fancy eggs....but she DID NOT WANT HELP!!!

Jared got done pretty quickly....probably the mess factor for him played into his speed....he dipped each of his eggs quickly, then started asking to eat them. (yeah, right....like he would really want to eat an egg....this is my picky kid, and honestly, I think it take a little bit of convincing for most people to like a hard boiled egg!!!)....he had seen on Charlie Brown's Easter special, one of the girls eat an egg with the shell on....so, that is what he is "posing" for the picture!!!

Jessica got really fancy with her eggs this year! Uncle Matt....you would have competition!



Yes, this is still coloring easter eggs! Things got a little crazy! Jared decided to start pinning me down!!! I seriously was laughing sooooo hard, I could not get up!!!


my retaliation.....he was not too pleased.


These are Jessica's eggs....I really like her swirled egg.


And.....Jared did eat an egg....in fact, he liked it, and ate a second egg! Who would have guessed!!!

1 comment:

Amy M. said...

The eggs are very impressive. Great job.