Jared turned 8 yesterday!!! (Of course, 8 is a big mile stone for him, as it means he will get to be baptized....for anyone in the area, his baptism will be Saturday, June 6.) It was a busy morning (I had a RS stake womens conference to go to, and Matthew brought Kayleigh to a friends birthday party in the morning), but we made time to celebrate!!!
We told Jared before we went our seperate ways that he could open his presents.

Scriptures from Grandma and Grandpa
Lego Star Wars
After Matthew got home, he and Jared worked on building the Darth Vader Lego star wars fighter ship.
Jared wanted a pirate ship wreck for his cake....
Ok, so truth of the cake....Jared wanted a pirate ship....I made/decorated it on Friday night. It was probabl my favorite cake I have ever done....I had pirates on the boat, as you can see, i decorated the pan blue, for water....it was just a fun cake....then I came down Saturday morning to find it split in 1/2. (cry, cry)....sweet Jared, though....when I told him sorry, and he saw it, he said, "hey, that is pretty cool....it looks like the shark attacked the boat!" I have to admit, it did sort of look like while we were sleeping the pirates came to life, and had a battle while we were sleeping, that destroyed the ship. Thank goodness I have a son with quite the imagination....he still loved his cake!!! It did sort of look like some of the broken down looking ships in the pirates of the carribean ride at disney land....so, i suppose it turned out ok....i just really wish i had a picture of it before it broke!!!

2 comments:
Happy Bday! You all have been busy lately! LOVE the cake!! You are so talented Keri!
what?!??!? I am so shocked right now! Why did i not realize he was turning 8? I just can't believe it. Love the cake. Looks like a fun birthday.
Post a Comment