Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin carving and painting.

A few years ago, we started painting our pumpkins, instead of carving them. It was while Matthew was in school, and had very little time to spend....so, we decided instead of taking tons of time scooping and cleaning out pumpkins, we would paint them....it was fun, so that tradition carried through....but, this year Jared wanted to carve his pumpkin....so, Jared carved (well, I carved his pattern for him)....and Jessica and Kayleigh decided to stick with painting.





At first, Jared wasn't so sure of touching the pumpkin innards....but, then he and Kayleigh (and I) really got into it....I guess we forgot to take pictures of all of us covered in gunk....but, it was fun!




Observing my kids with their pumpkin painting/carving styles:
Jessica--- definitely takes after Matthew ....she had one half of her pumpkin painted with all of the Boston Sports team symbols....and on the other side, she copied one of her Jonas Brothers CD covers....she definitely likes to show her interests to the whole world....well, anyone who will see the pumpkins!
Jared...... takes after KeriLyn...... He thinks a little "outside the box"---you can't really tell from the pics, but he had me cut off part of his stem to use for the nose.....I remember one year, I made a grandpa pumpkin, using cotton balls for hair, and wire to make some glasses!!
Kayleigh..... well, just like everything else, Kayleigh has her own unique style....of course, it involved a lot of blue paint!!!

3 comments:

kristenhcubed said...

Cute! We are going to get pumpkins today. I'm trying to talk the kids into painting instead of carving, though I don't know which is really worse.

Liz said...

cute keri! and i still think about that grandpa pumpkin whenever i carve pumpkins.

Becky said...

cute, cute and more cute. i am anti-carving this year. no pumpkins for this family.:)