Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Oh what do you do in the summer time?




I love the primary song, "Oh what do you do in the summer time".....I had that song in my head yesterday....with these words....."Oh what do you do in the summer time, when all the day is rainy.....do you look in your recycle bin and make something cool with the trash that you find in there?.....Is that what you do? So do I!!!!"

Jared had been begging to make something cool with our recycle stuff....after a week of 100 degree weather, and being out in the pool most of the time, yesterday seemed like a long day to have to be in doors because of chilly, rainy weather. By late afternoon, I decided it was time to make something with the recycle stuff.....I think we did quite well....a robot out of a vacuum box (yes, our old vacuum died, so we had to buy a new one).....and a car out of soup cans!!! It was a fun activity....I have to admit!!!

2 comments:

Camie said...

Keri--my kids are ALWAYS pulling stuff out of our recycle bin!! It usually bugs me, so I should have a good attitude about it like you do!

kristenhcubed said...

What a great idea! Now I know what to have the kids do tomorrow when they start bugging me. Thanks for sharing.