Saturday, April 19, 2008
A Surprise Visitor!!!
Last Saturday, while we were out on a family outing....just "window shopping" at IKEA, and getting a few things we needed from Home Depot (both stores happen to be by the airport), we decided to let Jared see the airplains up close....so, Matthew looped around the airport......well, as we got to the passenger pick up area, he started pulling up to the curb....I was feeling sorry for the lady standing on the side of the curb, sure she would be scared to death that some random car was pulling up along side of her, only to realize that wasn't just "some lady".....that was MY SISTER!!!!!????? I could not believe it.....I had NO IDEA she was coming....I jumped out of the car, and really made a fool of myself screaming, and acting hysterical....but, I was shocked to see her, and VERY VERY EXCITED!!!! I asked Matthew if he knew about this....DUH!!!! Of course he knew about it....that was why we were there....but, he was the only one of us to know!!! I have to say, that is the best surprise I have ever had.....Thanks Alisa for coming....I needed that! And, thanks Ryan for letting her come! I know it is hard to be away from each other when you are newly weds.
Alisa in the car....I just had to take a picture to prove it was real!!!
We brought Alisa to one of our favorite waterfall areas.....the weather was gorgeous (on saturday).....we were able to fool her for one day, then the rain set in on Monday.....I think she was sold on moving to this part of the country some day....but with the rain, it may take a little more work from Liz and I!!!


Jared thought it was cool to have his personal teacher with him for a weekend! Alisa is a 2nd grade teacher....this was her spring break time....but, we put her to work, and she helped Jared with his homework!!!
Jared and Kayleigh thought it was fun that Alisa would sit and play play station with them for a while on Sunday morning!
Alisa made us some of her much talked about oatmeal bread.....Yummy!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
YEAH!!! I loved that trip!! I miss you guys! It's hard to believe that was one week ago! You're kiddos are so cute and great!! Please tell them I say hello and give them a big hug from me! Love you Keri! Glad I could make the trip!
Keri--what a great suprise!! You definitely deserved some special 'sister time' with Alisa--that was awesome and I'm sure you were sad to see her go!
How fun for you. MATT did a great job keeping it a secret. Looks like you had a fun time.
How fun!! Seriously, you couldn't ahve asked for a better surprise than a sister showing up. Looks like you guys ahd a great time together.
That is the coolest surprise!! You guys look great!!
I am so glad that Alisa got to go and visit you. It looks like you guys had a great time. You live in such a nice area with a lot of things to do and see!:)
Post a Comment