Thursday, June 3, 2010

My friend....

I have a friend. When I was a teenager, she was in my ward.....she was a year ahead of me in school/seminary.....but I always looked up to her.....she was full of fun! She was always smiling! She was cool.....I wanted to be like her!! She went out to Ricks College, and one year later I followed! She was married at that point, but she continued to be a wonderful friend to me! I had a hard time being away from home.....my transition into college was hard.....she was there for me....she opened her home up to me many times for me to go and hang out and have a tast of home!!! It was nice.....I wanted to be like her! Now, we are on opposite part of the country, and yet, the blogging world keeps us connected. She is continuing to inspire me.....she is a mother that loves her children, and her children love her. I want to be like her!!

I want her to know that I am thinking of her today....I have been all week.....her son, BEN, passed away on Saturday. He was 8 years old.....I never met him, and yet through the world of blogging, he has inspired me. What a sweet boy! ---Becky, my thoughts and prayers are with your family. Thank you for all you are!!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I love you dear friend. xoxo (and thank you)

kristenhcubed said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for your friend's loss. It breaks my heart. She and her family will be in my prayers. Hugs for both of you!