Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fort Lewis 10 K

Yesterday I ran in my first official race! It was a 10 K up at Fort Lewis....about an hour and a half north of us. My brother-in-law, Ryan, told me about it....he ran in it, too. How fitting, given that he was the one that had me start running back in January!!! It was a fun race.....my goal was to finish, and I did! I did it in the time I thought I would....maybe about 5 minutes less! I ran the WHOLE time! It felt good! I plan to run in more races....hopefully a 1/2 marathon at some point! Enjoy the slide show of the day!!!

6 comments:

amy stansel said...

Keri I am so so proud of you. I am so impressed with all your hard work this year. keep it up and let me know what half marathon we should run together!!! love you!!

Susan said...

Congratulations!

Todd and Lisa said...

Keri!! You are amazing!! So that is where you were when I called yesterday!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Elizabeth said...

Keri, I am seriously impressed! Way to go! It takes a lot of hard work to prepare for a 10K and you really are amazing! Nice job!

Amy M. said...

Keri- Congratulations on running a 10K. I'm so impressed. You've inspired me to up my goal to a 10K instead of a 5K. Great job!!!

Jullie said...

Way to go, Kerilyn! I'm impressed! I can't say I've ever run that long in one stretch yet. I think that's a great accomplishment! :)