Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow Day!!!????

Is this really worth having a snow day from school???? I admit, the roads were a little icy this morning, so maybe a delay would have been fine, but to close school for the entire day, when the grass isn't even covered!!!! I think people in Colorado, Utah and other snowy states would have to laugh at this.....We are definitely in a different part of the country when it comes to winter weather!!!! I can't say that we didn't have fun in the snow today! We got up, got ready and went out to play first thing before all the snow melted away!!!


Jessica made a snow bird!!!

The snow was good snowman snow!!!





And, we made a snow dog!!!!


Now, it is time for kids to be back in school!!! :)



6 comments:

Katie and Eric said...

Your kids are very creative with the snow. I love how the grass is so green underneath the snow.

Liz said...

welcome to the pacific northwest!!!

Susan said...

I loved snow days when I was a kid! Nothing better than waking up to listen to the radio to see if there was any school. I grew up in Maryland so we had it happen quite often.

Amy said...

Thanks for the catch up. I loved all the pictures. The snow thing cracks me up!!! if only you saw the conditions they send our kids to school in. I love that in order to make a snowman you use up ALL the snow in the yard!! ha! i loved the matthew picture on the counter!! funny!

karen said...

I guess the weather thought you needed a little snow for a taste of home. Colorado that is. AN keeps waiting for a snow day. I guess we missed them when we were on vacation now she might not get one the way the weather is. The mountains are getting all the snow and they and keeeeeeppp it.

Todd and Lisa said...

That is hilarious!!! Glad you had fun!!